1. How much does it cost to get in? – $235,000 (as of 1 July 2016) on entry. One off cost for preparing your residence lease agreement $725.00.
2. How much per month does it cost? – $1255.95 (single)/$2108.70 (couple) per calendar month and $42.55 per month for telephone and internet charge inclusive of all calls and downloads.
3. What does this cover? – Two main meals per day, one full Apartment clean per week, one laundry service per week, security service, vital call pendant and emergency call system, weekly shopping trip, mystery bus tour once per month, utility charges and usage, use of community facilities, maintenance, gardening, administrative services.
4. How much does Westmont keep? – Westmont retains 3% per annum for up to a maximum of five years.
5. If I move out, how do I get my money back? – Westmont will return your entitlement between 14 days and a maximum of six months.
6. What can I do if I need more personal care? – As this is your home, additional services can be arranged e.g. Westmont Home and Community Care or perhaps a Community Aged Care Package, various allied health services.
7. Where do I find more details on how it operates? – In the booklet provided.
8. What is the availability? – Currently a waiting list.
9. Do I or can I have a pet? – Interview with Peter de Koeyer, if Okay then a probationary period.
10. Can I plant a garden? – A gardening team care-takes all the gardening and landscaping within Westmont. Verandah pots are allowed with resident responsibility. Raised beds located outside each laundry is available for resident use and the community garden is available also for use.
11. Can family members stay over? – For short periods.
12. Can family members come for lunch or dinner? – Yes, casual bookings are taken with a nominal fee is charged to the resident’s account.
13. What furniture is provided? – None, you bring your own belongings including furniture, bedding, everything. Westmont provides a convection microwave.
Discuss your next steps with Chris Boyer Coordinator Apartments and Villas on 02 6043 9832, place your name on the no-obligation waiting list. Our website is a great resource for further information and virtual tours of all aspects of Westmont www.westmont.org.au